Fiery Avocado Breakfast
An extremely tasty and nutritionally powerful breakfast!
Contains around 6 servings of veggies, a great source of protein and has the anti-inflammatory power of cumin and tumeric.
A fantastic way to start the day.
- ripe avocado, halved lengthwise and pit removed - 1
- lime, juiced - 1
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- diced red onion - 170 g
- diced red bell pepper - 170 g
- jalapeno, diced - 1
- firm tofu - 170 g
- Bragg Liquid Amino’s or Soy Sauce - 1 teaspoon
- ground cumin - ½ teaspoon
- oregano - 1/ 4 teaspoon
- ground turmeric - 1/8 teaspoon
- water - 1 tablespoon
- Himalayan salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- fresh chopped coriander - 1 tablespoon
- Optional: Tuna - 1/2 tin
- Put the avocado on two plates and squeeze lime juice on top of each one, then set aside.
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil, jalapeno, red onion, and bell pepper.
Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu to the frying pan, smash with a spoon and cook 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the oregano, Braggs Aminos, turmeric, cumin, water and salt.
- Pour into the frying pan and cook 3 more minutes.
- Divide the tofu mixture in half and place on top of each avocado half.
- Optional: Flake some tuna over the top.
- Garnish with coriander and serve!