Ginger Kick Green Smoothie
This is a super nutrient smoothie that is perfect for giving you a boost. Great for breakfast, or whenever you want a lift.
The ginger and lime also gives some great flavour for those that find the taste of greens/wheatgrass a bit tough. Plus, if you are transitioning onto an alkaline based diet you can also add an apple to sweeten.
You can alternatively make it without the greens and wheatgrass shot, and it still delivers a nutritional hit!
- spinach leaves or chopped kale leaves, rinsed - 2 cups
- apple, rinsed, cored, and chopped (If transitioning) - 1
- cucumber - 1 (2-inch) slice
- Juice of lime - 1
- avocado, peeled and pitted - 1/2
- Avocado Ninja Wheatgrass Shot (optional) - 1 shot
- Alkaline 16 Greens Powder (optional) - ½ teaspoon
- fresh ginger, peeled - 1 (½-inch) piece
- ice cubes - 3
- Combine the spinach, cucumber, lime juice, avocado, wheatgrass shot, Alkaline 16 Greens powder, ginger, and about 3 ice cubes into a high speed blender.
- Add apple optionally if transitioning, to give a sweeter taste.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass and enjoy.
- TIP: Add more ginger for more of a kick!