Super Lemon Water
Lemon water is one of the most simple and healthy ways to start the day and has SO many benefits!
Lemon water, yes you guessed it, is simply lemon squeezed into water.
Although there are some tasty different ways of making it (see below).
It is one of the few alkaline fruits. It has extremely low sugar content and it is high in alkaline minerals. So, it has an alkalising effect on the body.
- Prepare the water by filtering it with the Ninja Jug
- Boil 300ml (13.5 oz) of the water in a kettle
- Peel the ginger, then thinly slice it.
- Peel the turmeric, slice it also.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into your glass, ½ lemon per person.
- Add the sliced ginger and turmeric.
- Add a dash of cinnamon to give it a wonderful warmth.
- Next add the cool water – 200ml (10-ish oz) per glass and then top up to 500ml (17 oz) with the boiled water, which will bring out all the flavours.
- Stir and serve!
You can also add fresh mint, slices of limes and cucumber slices.
TIME SAVING TIP: Having lemon ice cubes ready is a fantastic way to add lemon to your water fast. Simply squeeze fresh lemon juice into ice cube trays and freeze. Drop a few cubes into a glass of cold or hot water as needed.