Veggie Korma with Brown Rice
An alkaline version of the classic korma curry.
- coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- large onion, finely chopped - 1 large
- garlic clove, finely chopped - 1 garlic
- curry powder - 1tsp
- ground curnin - 1 tsp
- ground coriander - 1 tsp
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- ginger - 2 tsp
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- coconut cream - 50g
- chickpeas - 1 tin
- peas - 100g
- sweet potato - 1 medium
- cauliflower, cut into florets - half
- arrowroot dissolved in 1 tbsp water - 1 tbsp
- chopped coriander - 1 tbsp
- brown rice - 2 cups
- green beans - 100g
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 mins until soft.
- Add the curry powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, tumeric and ginger and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the sweet potato, carrots, cauliflower, peas and green beans.
- Stir in the spices to coat the veggies and cook for a few minutes.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Mix creamed coconut in 2 cups of hot water and add to the pan with the chickpeas.
- Cook for further 10 mins.
- Add arrowroot to thicken the sauce to the required amount.
- Just before serving, add in the coriander and sesame seeds.