Vegetable Detox Soup
To add a bit of warmth during a cleanse, this detox soup contains a huge amount of detox veggies.
- filtered water - 1 liltre
- dried sage - pinch
- potatoes, rinsed, peeled, and chopped - 5
- carrots, rinsed and chopped - 3
- celery stalks, rinsed and chopped - 3
- beetroot, rinsed, peeled, and chopped - 1
- onion, rinsed and chopped - 1
- fresh spinach leaves, rinsed - Handful
- fresh parsley, rinsed and chopped - ¼ cup
- garlic cloves, minced - 2
- Himalayan pink salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Combine the water and sage in a soup pot over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer.
- Add the carrots, parsley, potatoes, celery, beetroot, spinach and garlic.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
PREPARATION TIP: If you prefer a smoother texture, once cooled, blend the soup.