Spicy Tofu Breakfast
An alternative to scrambled eggs, this amazing combination of tofu, herbs, spices and veggies will give you a delicious and nutritious start to the day.
- olive oil - 1 teaspoon
- red onion - 1/2
- garlic cloves, minced - 3
- red bell pepper - 1
- jalapeno, seeded and diced - 1
- smoked paprika - ½ teaspsoon
- cumin - ½ teaspoon
- tomato puree - 3 tablespoons
- diced tomatoes - 1 cup
- spinach - 2 cups
- Himalayan salt - 1 teaspoon
- silken tofu - 8 ounces
- Braggs Liquid Aminos / Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- coriander, chopped - 2 tablespoons
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium low heat.
- Add garlic, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, paprika and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and diced tomatoes to the pan
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and salt.
- Add tofu, breaking up gently with a spoon.
- Add Braggs/Soy Sauce and cook 3 more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.