Spicy Tomato & Basil Pate
A fantastic healthy alkaline spread to serve on yeast free bread, crackers or use as a raw veggie dip.
- soaked sunflower seeds - 1 cup
- soaked sun-dried tomatoes - 1/3 cup
- water - 2 tablespoons
- finely diced red onion - 1 tablespoon
- freshly squeezed lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- chopped fresh basil - 2 teaspoons
- clove garlic roughly chopped or smacked flat - 1
- Himalayan salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper - to taste
- chili flakes - to taste
- Optional: handful of sprouts (alfalfa, mung, broccoli)
- Wash all ingredients in purified water
- Soak the sunflower seeds and sundried tomatoes for a few hours, or overnight if possible.
- Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve on yeast free bread, crackers or use as a raw veggie dip.
Optional: Sprinkle sprouts on top for added nutrients!